As we are busy at Intentional Marketer University rolling out our first 30 Days to Transformation program, many people wonder, what is the benefit of having a business coach?
According to Neil Patel, 9 out of 10 businesses will fail. That’s a cold, hard fact, isn’t it? Why is this? Well, in short, running a business is hard work. And with anything that is hard work, it is always nice to have someone on your side helping you along the way.
No matter what stage your business is at, a business coach can help. They can make you work harder, be more accountable, progress faster than you would on your own. How long have you been spinning your wheels in your business? I know from where I speak, because I’ve been there!
In fact, Intentional Marketer University started because of business coaching! I, Anne DiVitto, had been marketing by business online using social media, all to the tune of <crickets>. I posted on Facebook, Instagram, even tried my hand at Twitter, and had generally zero response. While I was out on Instagram, checking my <zero> comments on my posts, I noticed one of my photos had been liked by someone I didn’t know. Fast forward….it was Meredith Dale. Fast forward some more….Meredith became my business coach. She taught and mentored me in skills I had never considered before. (that she learned from her coach) Because I didn’t KNOW I needed those skills! Fast forward finally to today – Meredith and I are the founders of Intentional Marketer University, and are offering personal coaching for the first time with our 30 Days to Transformation program.
Last year, we published a blog post “Should I Choose a Business Coach or a Lead System”. You can read more in depth about the two options and the differences between them. In this article we will focus on the benefits of hiring a coach.
Here are 10 reasons you should consider a business coach:
- Start-up entrepreneurs and seasoned business owners hire coaches for the same reason: to receive advice and short cuts. This means that a coach can give you the tools and the tricks that they’ve tried, used and succeeded with.
- Business coaches can provide an outside perspective. They can be a sounding board for your ideas and help you compare and decide which ideas to use.
- Business coaches have the talent to help you create change in your business, overcome sticking points and overall help you grow your business.
- Business coaches will help you go out of your comfort zone. Especially for those entrepreneurs who are introverted, you can get caught up in the details that won’t necessarily move your business toward the profit line. A business coach will help you try new things (like going on video!), meet new people, and generally help you come out of your shell!
- You will have a business best friend. You will get the attention you need from someone who has learned your business inside out. There isn’t a lot of times where you have the pure focus of a person for an hour talking about your business and giving you a finite number of steps to take to take your business to the next level.
- Your networking opportunities will grow. The more you are involved with like-minded people, the more you will learn and be successful. As an entrepreneur I have been introduced to more people than I ever thought possible, and the best part of it is I have a whole group of new friends who are there just to encourage me and give me new ideas.
- You’ll develop self-confidence. I will be the first to tell you that starting your own business can give you many bruises to the ego. The biggest pro of having a coach would be that you always have someone in your corner, to build you up and help you achieve your goals.
- You will see increased productivity. Professional coaching will maximize your potential and therefore unlock a source of productivity you may have not known was inside you.
- In line with increased productivity, a business coach will show you how to get more returns with less work. In the 30 Days to Transformation, we unlock all of our secrets and tools. By secrets I mean we will show you how you can automate your efforts so you could <gasp> take a vacation or go to the beach all while your business runs itself! Never has there been a time where this is possible. The internet has made true automation in business accessible to everyone!
- Finally, the best benefit is that a business coach can help you make more money. A good coach will help you make more money because every good coach has a process. With your coach, you can find your strategy, hone it, and start making profit.
Don’t get caught up in the hype. What is going to work best for you might not necessarily work best for someone else. It’s all about finding your tribe and trusting in someone to help you. There is also the issue of cost. Not many of us would have the money to hire Neil Patel right off the bat! But that doesn’t mean you can’t start somewhere and scale up. We tell our clients to start simple and avoid getting stuck on the little stuff. Implement and move forward, and tweak along the way!
Whatever you decide is best for your business, consider your business goals and take your first step! You are completely right to continually re-evaluate your needs as you go along.