Do you want a successful and profitable business? Of course you do, so how do you make that happen?
Well you’re in luck, this article is giving you the 2017 Definitive Guide on how to get FREE customer leads from social media into your business.
Prefer to watch the video?
Basic Laws of Customer Leads
Law #1: People ONLY buy when they need something and trust the source they’re buying it from.
Do you ever buy something you hate?
Have you ever bought something from a source you do not trust?
Of course not!
People buy things when they want to feel good. Either because it solves a problem for them, or because having it in their life will give them satisfaction.
Fast track trust building by loading up your pages with happy customer testimonials, and you are in business!
Make it as easy and fast for people to see the need they have for your products and that they can trust you. Simple.
Law #2: Customers will only give you their lead when the lead offer is valuable to them.
You must create REAL value for your customers.
This could be a video series you created that solves a real problem. How many times have you watched YouTube to ‘fix’ something?
Think from your customer’s point of view; what do they want in the end? Their end goal must be to purchase your product.
What can you give them that is one step less than giving them the actual product for free? Got it? Now that is your lead bait!
Law #3: K.I.S.S. (Keep It Super Simple)
Starting your email marketing can be super simple, if you stay focused:
• A valuable offer that is 1 step away from giving them the actual product.
• Place your valuable offer in the right spots. Where is 1 place online that hundreds of your ‘perfect customer’ hangs out? Do you need more than hundreds of customers right now? Remember, K.I.S.S…
• A reason to act now, like… right now
Law #4: Social media makes this process even easier.
Customers share more information than ever before on social media, and they share this information willingly! Now, think about how many people are on Facebook and Instagram alone: 1.19 Billion and 400+ million, respectively.
40% of people spend more time socializing on social media than face to face. Social media is your perfect FREE option to find, target, and collect emails for email marketing your audience.
Law #5: Pick the right channel.
YouTube Videos work.
• Make a problem-solving video. At the end of the video, the lead bait is to get the next video in the series in exchange for the customer email.
• Upload the video to Facebook directly from your computer, NOT from YouTube. This gives the customer one less hoop to jump through.
• Think of it this way. How many posts do you scroll past because it is words, or another link to click etc. quite a few right? But how many videos do you stop and watch immediately because they are playing straight on your feed, quite a few right?!
• Make sure that your video is INFOTAINMENT. Make it entertaining and they will watch!
Law #6: Free Leads are Still Possible with Facebook.
How on earth can you break through the 2016 algorithm changes that made Facebook free marketing nearly impossible? Along with using videos (videos are going to be THE marketing master of 2017), here are some tips for Facebook.
Your goal in using contests is to avoid the people who just want something for free, and instead cut straight through to the people who are dying to get your product and will pay whether they win or not.
Shortstack is free to get started. You can run contests from it, you can also create landing pages (a fancy term for a page for people to add their email). Even better, Shortstack integrates with MailChimp (another free service, you can watch the video we did HERE).
• Turn your Business Page Header into a “Lead Page” image
Facebook encourages you to use your header as a call to action for your audience. Using Shortstack, you can create a landing page to your video series, choose the appropriate “button” from the Facebook options (Watch the Video is always a good one!) and voila you can start getting free social leads from Facebook.
Get people to pay attention to your header call to action by consistently telling your fans to “head up top” when you are posting on your page.
Law #7: Leads Love Instagram
2017 is guaranteed to be the year Instagram unleashing more marketing options than ever for your business. Long gone are the days of letting other social sites cater to the customers. Ever since Facebook bought Instagram you can use it for your business and market for leads on it.
• Instagrammers interact with businesses and brands 68% more than Facebook. Customers use Instagram to build relationships and TRUST (there is that word again)!
• Use video snippets of the video you just created. Instagram allows you to upload 60 second video clips now. This allows you to reach an engaged audience without a ton more work.
• Tell the audience how to buy the product. Remember we want buyers not just freebie seekers.
• In 2017, Instagram will unveil clickable links to purchase your products directly from the description. Right now, send your audience to the lead page in your bio and gather those leads!
Conclusion: Make your Lead Bait Valuable. People are Pickier Than Ever!
5 years ago, you could offer any old thing as an offer for people to join your list. It was new marketing and your customers would have gobbled it up!
Now we see “sign up” options on literally every business site (well, if they are savvy). The bar is getting higher, so a sloppily written e-book will no longer cut it.
Suggestions to get leads flowing today:
• Tangible goods your leads can USE
•A conclusive resource book (think encyclopedia)
• Weekly updated newsletter (industry specific) that has information they need & will come back to again and again
• Hands on help that solves a real problem
In other words, to get more leads, you should be offering them something that is MORE and BETTER than anything they can get elsewhere.
Raise the bar or you will be left out.